Television (no longer temporary)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

howard
Karl Hungus

Re: Temporary Television

Post by howard »

Fargo, bitches. From the first scene ("Did you boys know I went to school with a black guy?")

Lester is such a fucking dick. I am gonna be pissed if he doesn't get it.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

EdRomero wrote:Image

At least this season of 24 has amazing facial hair.
It really is epic. So glad I finally got a HDTV this year.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Oh what a great first post that was [/ORANGECOLOREDFONT]
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EdRomero wrote: At least this season of 24 has amazing facial hair.

@TheRealEdRomero?

Welcome back!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Evidently Boardwalk Empire is leaping forward 7 years at the start of the final season.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

We finished Breaking Bad last night. Holy shit what a series. I honestly can't think of a way to have made it better.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

WRT Breaking Bad, hope you got what you deserved…

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

I did indeed. I feel like whatever we watch next is just going to be a disappointment now.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

phxgators wrote:I did indeed. I feel like whatever we watch next is just going to be a disappointment now.
It's kind of like going to a strip club in the US after going to a 3-day bachelor party in Montreal.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

phxgators wrote:I did indeed. I feel like whatever we watch next is just going to be a disappointment now.
Yeah, I've been hesitant to watch any other new shows too. It's not just that I think they'll pale in comparison - it's that I loved BB so much, it would feel like cheating.
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote:I'm with AB. Season 1, or maybe only the first half of Season 1, was just about perfection. The pilot was the funniest pilot I've ever watched. Then it looked like a show that didn't plan on getting extended and started falling back on "look he's doing that thing he sometimes does ha ha" jokes.
Tell me you made it through season three and got to see Stevie being pegged to Runaway.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

We started The Walking Dead last night. I wish the DVD didn't start with a Breaking Bad teaser...
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Finally got caught up on Fargo and a few thoughts:

1) If Allison Tolman doesn't win an Emmy for best actress, then you're going to make to make a case as to which actress was better. Because it isn't in a show I've seen in the last few years.

2) What kind of odds could you have gotten on a bet like "Bob Odenkirk will have a major supporting role in two of the best TV shows of the 2010s." in the year 1999?

3) Loved the "hidden" callbacks in every episode to previous Coen brothers movies.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

phxgators wrote:We started The Walking Dead last night. I wish the DVD didn't start with a Breaking Bad teaser...
You know it's on Netflix, right?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

brian wrote:Finally got caught up on Fargo and a few thoughts:

1) If Allison Tolman doesn't win an Emmy for best actress, then you're going to make to make a case as to which actress was better. Because it isn't in a show I've seen in the last few years.
I haven't seen it nor do I even know the name but there's a TV show running where some girl plays five different characters (maybe it's one character with split personalities) and from what I hear she's absolutely amazing.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote:

I haven't seen it nor do I even know the name but there's a TV show running where some girl plays five different characters (maybe it's one character with split personalities) and from what I hear she's absolutely amazing.
Orphan Black

You know it's not on Netflix, right?
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Tried to get into Turn...just could not stick with it. Really enjoyed Fargo. Question though...Are Key & Peele contractually obligated to appear on the screen together?
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

Jerloma wrote:
phxgators wrote:We started The Walking Dead last night. I wish the DVD didn't start with a Breaking Bad teaser...
We don't currently have Netflix, and we got the DVDs as a gift. So DVDs it is for now.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I loved Fargo. Perfect movie spinoff-- I can't think of anything comparable (and don't say M*A*S*H unless you're looking for a hearty, spirited debate.) (I never watched Buffy or Friday Night Lights.)

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

phxgators wrote:
Jerloma wrote:
We don't currently have Netflix, and we got the DVDs as a gift. So DVDs it is for now.
I'm sure one of these homos can hook you up with their log-on info.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

howard wrote:I loved Fargo. Perfect movie spinoff-- I can't think of anything comparable (and don't say M*A*S*H unless you're looking for a hearty, spirited debate.) (I never watched Buffy or Friday Night Lights.)
You should watch Friday Night Lights. I resisted for awhile, but it was great. (I think Season One of Fargo is better, but FNL is top two or three for all-time movie spinoffs.)
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah, FNL is like crack. I watched all 5 seasons in like 2.5 weeks.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Based on the swamp love, I will get around to FNL eventually. I haven't even watched The Wire yet.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

howard wrote:Based on the swamp love, I will get around to FNL eventually. I haven't even watched The Wire yet.
Yeah, I have all of the DVDs of that and haven't watched them yet. Soon.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I have absolutely loved Fargo from the get-go. I haven't seen the finale yet, but firing up the DVR tonight!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Bensell
Jesus Quintana

Post by Bensell »

rass wrote:
Jerloma wrote:

Orphan Black

You know it's not on Netflix, right?
Tatiana Maslany is amazing in it, and deservedly won the Critic Choice Award for Best Actress earlier this week. And the show is about clones, not split personalities.
Worldwide Frivologist and International Juke Artist
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

brian wrote:So the audition went very, very well I thought. Now it is wait and see for the next 18 months. But hopefully soon we will have our second Swamper on Jeopardy.
So I'm not going to make it on Jeopardy this season. I'll try again next year, but apparently the folks at Sony are doing a new spinoff show called Sports Jeopardy hosted by Dan Patrick and I was invited to try out for that yesterday at the Venetian.

Fortunately, it was the same folks running the audition as the one who did my Jeopardy audition in LA (with the addition of Jimmy McGuire from the "Clue Crew" -- who by the way is a really nice guy and apparently a pretty huge Pirates fan).

I say fortunately because they claimed to remember me and seemed to like me, so I'm hopeful that I get the call for this show. Not going to get too excited (for a lot of reasons -- the most you can win is $5,000 and you can't return like Jeopardy), but it would still be a really cool experience, so keeping my fingers crossed. They tape in August, January and April, so I'd be getting a call in July, December or March.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Oh and of interest to a couple of Swampers at least, Jimmy McGuire is also an Ohio U grad. He told me since I put Central Michigan as one of my favorite teams on my bio. So hopefully that MAC connection comes through.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

brian wrote:Oh and of interest to a couple of Swampers at least, Jimmy McGuire is also an Ohio U grad. He told me since I put Central Michigan as one of my favorite teams on my bio. So hopefully that MAC connection comes through.
Never heard of him, but he sounds awesome.

Good luck with the show!
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

So the 5K limit reminded me of seeing a Jeopardy Spinoff back in they day. Could not put my finger on it but a quick google and remember...Rock n' Roll Jeopardy on VH1. They had the same play for a fixed dollar amount model that Sports Jeopardy is probably going to run with. But in the Googling I also learned that Sports Jeopardy will be broadcast on......Crackle. So we can see Brian and then watch some Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee....Nice.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Anyone else watch Silicon Valley? Ripped through the first season last night (my wife is on her cut the cord Summer thing.) It's pretty amusing.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Rush2112 wrote:Anyone else watch Silicon Valley? Ripped through the first season last night (my wife is on her cut the cord Summer thing.) It's pretty amusing.
The tip to tip scene was hilarious.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

Rush2112 wrote:Anyone else watch Silicon Valley? Ripped through the first season last night (my wife is on her cut the cord Summer thing.) It's pretty amusing.
Really enjoyed it. Sucks so hard that the guy playing the investor passed away. He was doing great things with that character.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

wlu_lax6 wrote:So the 5K limit reminded me of seeing a Jeopardy Spinoff back in they day. Could not put my finger on it but a quick google and remember...Rock n' Roll Jeopardy on VH1. They had the same play for a fixed dollar amount model that Sports Jeopardy is probably going to run with. But in the Googling I also learned that Sports Jeopardy will be broadcast on......Crackle. So we can see Brian and then watch some Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee....Nice.
The gig that launched Jeff Probst into snuffing torches.

I loved RnR Jeopardy. I wish they would revive that one like they are doing with the "I love the _____" and Pop Up Video instead of another show about angry housewives or how hard it is to be married to a professional athlete.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

tennbengal wrote:
Really enjoyed it. Sucks so hard that the guy playing the investor passed away. He was doing great things with that character.
What? That guy is the best!
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

BSF21 wrote:
I loved RnR Jeopardy. I wish they would revive that one like they are doing with the "I love the _____" and Pop Up Video instead of another show about angry housewives or how hard it is to be married to a professional athlete.
My vote would be for Remote Control.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Fargo was really good....Billy Bob can be a hell of an actor when he wants to be. But wow...the level of violence was pretty over the top.

And one thing that bugged me....SPOILERS....In the finale, what happened to the second car at Lester's house?
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Fargo was really good....Billy Bob can be a hell of an actor when he wants to be. But wow...the level of violence was pretty over the top.

And one thing that bugged me....SPOILERS....In the finale, what happened to the second car at Lester's house?
MORE SPOILERS

Did Billy Bob let the dude with his hands duct taped to the wheel drive away?

Then, if Billy Bob drove away in the FBI car, there would be no cars left there.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Steve of phpBB wrote: MORE SPOILERS

Hard to drive away with his brains all over the front seat and interior of the car.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

howard wrote:
Steve of phpBB wrote: MORE SPOILERS

Hard to drive away with his brains all over the front seat and interior of the car.
Oops. I didn't remember Billy Bob shooting that one.

In my defense, it was hard to keep track of all the people getting killed.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.