Jerry Jones, what an idiot!

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

LewP
Jackie Treehorn

Jerry Jones, what an idiot!

Post by LewP »

From Larry Brown Sports:

Some compromising photos of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones allegedly partying with some young ladies hit the internet this week, and they have many wondering about the 70-year-old’s love life. Does the owner of America’s team have a girlfriend? His wife would probably be upset if he did.

While we don’t know anything about the current status of Jerruh’s relationship with his wife Gene, we do know that they have been married over 50 years. The couple has three children together, including Cowboys COO Stephen Jones.

Therefore, we can probably assume the woman in the Jones boob grab photo is not his girlfriend. Jerry and Gene were photographed together as recently as April at the Country Music Awards. As for what Jerruh was doing when the naughty photos were taken, we have no idea. That’s something he and Gene will probably have a chat about.

To see the Jerry Jones hotel party pictures, click this link http://larrybrownsports.com/football/je ... ure/237681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never pay for the same real estate twice." General George S. Patton
Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Jerry Jones, what an idiot!

Post by Pruitt »

If he's lucky, those women don't suck as bad as the Cowboys.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Stop Slut Shaming Jerry Jones
PFT Commeter wrote:So say goodby to the old mascot Rowdy the Cowboy! This lovely young lady here is perfect as the new face of the Cowboy's since by the looks of things shes going to end up sucking futiley for 17 weeks before walking away with a bad taste in her mouth.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Stop Slut Shaming Jerry Jones
PFT Commeter wrote:So say goodby to the old mascot Rowdy the Cowboy! This lovely young lady here is perfect as the new face of the Cowboy's since by the looks of things shes going to end up sucking futiley for 17 weeks before walking away with a bad taste in her mouth.
That was great. At first I thought Jerry wasn't wearing pants in the pic of the girl with her head near his crotch, then I realized it was her arm. I liked this line as well, commenting on the relative attractiveness of the two pictured ladies: "If theres one thing we know about Jerry its his tendency to be happy with a 8 and 8"
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Maybe the media will lay off of Johnny Manziel now.

Wait....nahhhhhh.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Too bad the Cowboys didn't draft Manziel. He and Jones could have partied together.
-Pruitt
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

The Sybian wrote:Too bad the Cowboys didn't draft Manziel. He and Jones could have partied together.
Now that is a reality TV show that I would have watched.
LewP
Jackie Treehorn

Post by LewP »

So I wake up this morning and am reading the Dallas Morning News and see this:

Silence by Cowboys, NFL on Stephen Jones' night out with VP of officiating doesn't look good

Dallas Cowboys director of player personnel Stephen Jones

OXNARD, Calif. — All Stephen Jones wanted was to get away from training camp for a few hours and enjoy what Los Angeles has to offer. It made sense to make the 62-mile trip on the Cowboys bus.

By now, the team’s executive vice president knows what it feels like to be thrown under the bus.

Jones isn’t the first person to create a stir on the Sunset Strip. He won’t be the last. But this excursion to a nightclub named Bootsy Bellows became a made-for-TMZ event with unexpected ramifications.

The sight of Stephen Jones, his brother Jerry Jr. and others stepping off and back aboard the bus to soak in Hollywood is preserved for posterity.

These images will elicit different responses from different people. But there’s another image that creates an issue for the NFL.

One of the travel companions with Jones on Tuesday evening was Dean Blandino, the NFL vice president of officiating.

Let’s get this out of the way right now. Don’t believe cries from unnamed club officials around the NFL who allege this somehow gives the Cowboys a competitive advantage or indicates favoritism. Part of Blandino’s job is to develop relationships with owners, club officials, coaches and members of the influential competition committee.

Did we mention that Stephen Jones is on the competition committee?

This is where it gets sticky. Jones and Blandino are respected throughout the league. No one has come close to suggesting the professional ethics of either should be called into question.

But the appearance of impropriety doesn’t require impropriety to take place. This doesn’t play well in the public arena, and the Cowboys’ competitors are only too happy to snipe from the weeds and raise doubts.

Appearances matter. If not, why does the NFL penalize players for dunking the ball over the goal posts after a touchdown? How can a league that fines players for minor uniform infractions ignore this boys night out among two people in a position of influence?

Hypocrisy is another behavior that doesn’t play well in the public arena.

NFL officials have chosen not to comment but indicate no one has lodged a complaint over the episode. Jones has also declined to comment at this time.

Again, it’s not unusual for Blandino to discuss business and get to know officials from around the league in social settings. This is how the NFL and other businesses operate.

It turns out Blandino didn’t even spend much time on the Cowboys’ high-profile ride known as “The Elegant Lady.’’ Sources say he met Jones and others at a restaurant two or three blocks away, hopped on the bus for a quick ride to the nightclub and left a short time later by cab.

Does that sound like a league official cavorting with Jones on the Sunset Strip for the paparazzi? Does that sound like two people who checked their professional integrity at the door of the Cowboys’ bus?

The NFL and the Cowboys refuse to discuss what took place between Jones and Blandino on Tuesday because they believe there’s nothing to discuss. They consider it a non-story.

But this is a story. The problem is they have let the narrative get away from them by staying silent. They have allowed a negative perception to mushroom.

How long will this be a topic of conversation? Probably not long. Other juicy issues will quickly push their way to the forefront. This bus ride will be nothing more than an amusing blip on the entertainment screen in a few days.

But for now, it doesn’t look good.

Source: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas ... k-good.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man, can ya'll understand why it's such an embarrassment to see how the Cowboys have gone from a classy organization to this?
"Never pay for the same real estate twice." General George S. Patton
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"The Elegant Lady"

Heh.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jones is being sued for sexual assault by one of the women from the photos.
Defendant Jerry Jones intentionally and knowingly received oral sex from another female while in the presence of Plaintiff. When Defendant JERRY JONES intentionally and knowingly received oral sex from the female, he knew that Plaintiff was present and intentionally and knowingly wanted Plaintiff to see said oral sex act. Plaintiff did not want to see Defendant JERRY JONES receive oral sex from the female.

And since we're here, in case you missed it there was a pretty good piece on Jones in ESPNMag (I think brian linked to it last week at some point).
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The piece you mention is Kevin Van Valkenberg's piece, and I cannot recommend it enough. It's easily in the top five long form sports articles I've read all year, and I'm always seeking that type of writing out.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Or Don Van Natta Jr., but yeah, it was good.

(and sorry if it wasn't clear that I included a link above, just wanted to acknowledge that I saw brian's reference)
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Fuck me. I knew it was a three word name. Yes, Van Natta Jr., and it's great. KVV is a Baltimore based, sportswriter who also writes longer pieces, a la, DVNJr and Wright Thompson, et al.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

rass wrote:Plaintiff did not want to see Defendant JERRY JONES receive oral sex from the female.
Good luck finding a jury that doesn't share that bias
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Bump!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Bump!
Is this your Bronto impersonation?
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Maybe?

Should I now do my ljam impression so you can follow up with your best Jerloma?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:Maybe?

Should I now do my ljam impression so you can follow up with your best Jerloma?
I don't have the energy to do my J-Lo impersonation.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:More Jerrah?

First comment is too good not to post. The left eye at the end kills me.

-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Uhhhh....

WOULD YOU LIKE TO COMMENT ON HARDY’S PRESS CONFERENCE? — “Well, I specifically have commented on it. It’s just where we are and where he is and where we are. Most of comments are going to go the wrong way if they have any element of being positive, of being aggressive, of being the way you want to be as a football player as far as your attitude is concerned. He has that attitude. It’s not just talk. It’s not just in front of a bunch of cameras. That’s what he is. And he is that way. He is very aggressive out there. He is very positive. He is very confident in his ability to make a difference. Where he is and where we are is any time he is there, any time he is a point of discussion, which you guys maybe you were out there. But they probably asked him so many questions. I’ll get so many questions and then I’ll have five or six of them that have nothing to do with what the writer ultimately writes and he has it put on by some colleague of his the other way. So, you never know where it’s coming from. Here’s the deal: is that unless he looks like he’s contrite, unless he looks like he’s just absolutely whipped, and so really obviously sorry for what his situation is, he’s going to get criticized. And we all know that. But he was in a football setting. Those questions that were being asked him. Those people that were asking that question, those were not workplace. We know some things are out of order. We know if an attorney is talking to you or if a sales person is talking to you and they’re the opposite sex. We know some things in today’s society that is behavior that we don’t have today. We know that.

But, now, I can remember when they talk about Richard Burton. And you’d say I don’t know about Richard Burton, but anybody good enough to be married to Elizabeth Taylor has got to be all right. Elizabeth Taylor made her life wanting people to say she was pretty. She made her life. That was her complete life. That was the people she hired to make them when they said ‘Elizabeth Taylor’ to enhance people saying she was pretty and interesting. And, so, when you did talk about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, you talked about how pretty she was and Elizabeth Taylor. Nobody thought that you were being disrespectful of women or the workplace. Well, Tom just happens to be married to a lady that is just absolutely one of the premier people in the world of working and making people say she is beautiful. Do you agree with me? That’s what they do. They get up in the morning and go to bed at night having people say she’s beautiful. So that a lot of people when they talk about Tom Brady talk about how beautiful she is.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

The Sybian wrote:
rass wrote:More Jerrah?

First comment is too good not to post. The left eye at the end kills me.

South Park Jerrah looks like Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Cody:

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Can LewP stop by and make this the Greg Hardy thread, too?
TMZ'd

They claim the video was produced after his conviction, but before it was overturned, and obviously before Dallas signed him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I don't think this plate approves of what the Cowboys have become...

"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

(Greg) Hardy changed his Twitter bio to proclaim himself “innocent until proven guilty” and share his opinion that “the unjust/prejudicial treatment of diff categories of people is discrimination.” The revision didn’t last long, likely because of Hardy’s chat with Garrett.
link
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

If people who beat the shit out of women is a race or other protected class, then I know a lot more racists than I originally thought, myself included.

ETA: AB was right. I put in an "a" in front of "race" for clarity.
Last edited by L-Jam3 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

L-Jam3 wrote:If people who beat the shit out of women is race or other protected class, then I know a lot more racists than I originally thought, myself included
Hmm. This is oddly worded.

ETA: No it's not. I can't read.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Roger Goodell has a Jerry Jones problem and nobody knows how it will end

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

yee haw!
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

All this because Goodell handed down an at least justifiable suspension of Elliott (I think Elliott either skates or gets only a couple of games if he doesn't grab that woman's breasts last offseason)?

Would be funny if the rest of the owners rallied around Goodell to fuck Jones though, which seems about as likely as any other scenario you can think of.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Avram
Brandt

Post by Avram »

brian wrote:All this because Goodell handed down an at least justifiable suspension of Elliott (I think Elliott either skates or gets only a couple of games if he doesn't grab that woman's breasts last offseason)?

Would be funny if the rest of the owners rallied around Goodell to fuck Jones though, which seems about as likely as any other scenario you can think of.

I hope they screw that SOB. I really despise Jones. He stands out in the middle of a generally despicable group (pro team owners)
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Jerry owns the stadium and practice event stadium ("The Star" where Rochester's Pro Lax team just moved to). If the NFL goes whole hog against Jerry and removes his franchise, is the team homeless? B.T.W. the lawsuits would be awesome.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

We agree this is, by far, our funniest thread title, right?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

It's kind of fun to see bad guys shooting at other bad guys.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

mister d wrote:We agree this is, by far, our funniest thread title, right?

For a subject that I have zero interest in, I still always read.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote:We agree this is, by far, our funniest thread title, right?

It's funny on a couple of different levels.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ask him about jeering the students integrating Little Rock HS.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

"When you were acting like a racist piece of shit in blocking black people from entering your high school in Arkansas in 1957 was that the moment you realized you wanted to 'own' black people professionally via becoming part of the NFL Ol' Boys Club?"

"When you took a knee with your team after George Floyd was murdered did you kinda hope a black person's neck was under your knee at the time?"

"What's it feel like to know you're going to die before the Cowboys with another Super Bowl?"