Ladies and gentlemen…

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

govmentchedda
The Dude

Re: Ladies and gentlemen…

Post by govmentchedda »

Just boated past Zach Bogosian.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Also had a 5K this morning. Ran the first mile in 6:25 but slowed from there and ended at 21:25. My family said I was fifth overall and the fourth dude.

Ran so fast that I was done in time to be able to immediately jump in the car and make the soccer game 40 minutes away. So if I won anything I didn’t get to bask in it, my legs are getting sore and I need coffee and something to eat.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Nice! That's moving.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

serrano wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:13 pm and a good curb-stomping of the Buccos. GO FUCK YOURSELF, RASS.
Several years ago, I would have taken offense to this. But now I just follow the Pirates for anthropological reasons. I don't feel anything anymore.

I'm continually amazed at you people, how you go outside and do things and live your lives. That's all so foreign to me. I'm just so relieved to have a day off, so I plan on not moving all day. Football, books, golf, Nascar, wrestling. That's all I want. And beer. Definitely beer. Maybe some Swamp.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

rass wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 am Also had a 5K this morning. Ran the first mile in 6:25 but slowed from there and ended at 21:25. My family said I was fifth overall and the fourth dude.
That's a pretty insane time. Would have put you either 19th or 20th out of 400 at the one my wife ran yesterday if you had any desire to contribute to our town rather than just use our sidewalks.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Does each New Jersey township have its own masters 5k team?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

bapo! wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:24 amI'm continually amazed at you people, how you go outside and do things and live your lives. That's all so foreign to me. I'm just so relieved to have a day off, so I plan on not moving all day. Football, books, golf, Nascar, wrestling. That's all I want. And beer. Definitely beer. Maybe some Swamp.
I would pay a lot of money for 72 hours of this minus the cars and wrestling.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
bapo!
The Big Lebowski

Post by bapo! »

mister d wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm I would pay a lot of money for 72 hours of this minus the cars and wrestling.
I'm only mildly interested in those. Maybe even less than that. The beer will help. Anyway, today has been exactly what I wanted.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Missed this thread, because I was already on the road to the Grand Tetons for the new motor home's first real camping trip. The fall colors up there and along the way were amazing.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

My dreams of power washing were sabotaged. I told my wife I was power washing after lunch, she asked me to go for a walk first. We went down a road we hadn't been on and found a paved path threw the woods. Suddenly, she decided we were walking to her parents house. We kept telling them we were going to one day, and they thought we were joking. It's over 13 miles round trip. As we got to Main Street in her parent's town, we saw a sign that Carli Lloyd was signing autographs in a sports memorabilia store, but it ended in 20 minutes. We had to sprint to her parents house to get a soccer ball to sign, barely made it back, but got her the autograph and Carli made a nice video for my daughter.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

rass wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:14 am Also had a 5K this morning. Ran the first mile in 6:25 but slowed from there and ended at 21:25. My family said I was fifth overall and the fourth dude.

Ran so fast that I was done in time to be able to immediately jump in the car and make the soccer game 40 minutes away. So if I won anything I didn’t get to bask in it, my legs are getting sore and I need coffee and something to eat.
Sounds like my times a few years ago when I tried to break 21 minutes on the 5k. Always ripped a hot lap but couldn't keep it going and ended up around 21:45. You were moving!
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I was first in my age group and won a pretty sweet water bottle.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rass, first in his age group, holder of boner bagels, keeper of Gus, archivist emeritus, long may he reign.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 am Rass, first in his age group, holder of boner bagels, keeper of Gus, archivist emeritus, long may he reign.
Emeritus?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 pm
A_B wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 am Rass, first in his age group, holder of boner bagels, keeper of Gus, archivist emeritus, long may he reign.
Emeritus?
I was trying to make it sound official.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Yeah. Don't be such steve SC.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:04 pm Yeah. Don't be such steve SC.
I was worried that you were retiring from the swamp or something.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian