To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: To the extent it comes up: Trump crap post-WH years

Post by brian »

Hillary did so I can too is not quite the legal defense he thinks it is (beyond the obvious that Hillary didn’t do that)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Beyond the criminality, hearing these candid talks shows how much of a fucking moron he is and how despisable the staffer talking to him is. I still can't get over that this shithead was president.
Last edited by EdRomero on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

EdRomero wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:49 pm Beyond the criminality, hearing these candid talks shows how much a fucking moron is and how despisable the staffer talking to him is. I still can't get over that this shithead was president.
And even worse, so many knowledgeable and respectable people voted for him. At least in 2016.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

If you haven’t done it, I highly recommend listening to the recording. He’s so done.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
EdRomero
Donny

Post by EdRomero »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:21 pm If you haven’t done it, I highly recommend listening to the recording. He’s so done.
But Hunter...
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:14 pmAnd even worse, so many knowledgeable and respectable people voted for him. At least in 2016.
Knowledge *or* respectable. Can’t be both.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

Yeah the pile of poop I see numerous swampers stepping into is based on the fact RW voters watch fantasy news.
Noli Timere Messorem
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Our government doesn't have the balls to put this man in prison. He's free right now to run amok and play victim when he's done enough shit to warrant being treated like a terrorist at GITMO.

And if you don't think his lackey judge is going to fuck up everything she can to make sure he gets off, you're kidding yourself.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

She also said in her ruling that she wasn’t sure DOJ needed to file the list at all. So under her ruling the list would stay secret.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

mister d wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:30 pm
Steve of phpBB wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:14 pmAnd even worse, so many knowledgeable and respectable people voted for him. At least in 2016.
Knowledge *or* respectable. Can’t be both.
Good point.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Grand jury indicts Donald Trump for alleged 2020 election conspiracies

Honest to God - who still supports this piece of human filth?

(rhetorical, I know)
Canadian International
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Literally every Republican. They think it's all bullshit.

It's honestly rich and powerful privilege that this guy isn't rotting in jail in the meantime.

He's never going to prison and him being able to do anything means these indictments don't mean anything.

ETA

There are 6 co-conspirators. All not named, but described:
[+] spoiler
Co-Conspirator 1: An attorney who was willing to spread knowingly false claims and pursue strategies that the Defendant’s 2020 re-election campaign attorneys would not.

Co-Conspirator 2: An attorney who devised and attempted to implement a strategy to leverage the Vice President’s ceremonial role overseeing certification proceeding to obstruct the certification of the presidential election.

Co-Conspirator 3: An attorney whose unfounded claims of election fraud the Defendant privately acknowledged to others sounded “crazy.” Nonetheless, the Defendant embraced and publicly amplified Co-Conspirator 3’s disinformation.

Co-Conspirator 4: A Justice Department official who worked on civil matters and who, with the Defendant, attempted to use the Justice Department to open sham election crime investigations and influence state legislatures with knowingly false claims of election fraud.

Co-Conspirator 5: An attorney who assisted in devising and attempting to implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.

Co-Conspirator 6: A political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Oh, just toying with the idea of a military backed coup....nothing to see here...

GoodKarma
The Big Lebowski

Post by GoodKarma »

Co-Conspirator 5 I'm guessing is John Eastman who I still can't believe CU Boulder had in as a guest lecturer. I'm hoping one of the other's is Jenna Ellis...another piece of trash coming out of Weld County, CO.
I would like expensive whiskey.
We only have beer & wine...
What am I, 12?
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Broncos Country: Let’s Indict
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

GoodKarma wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:04 pm Co-Conspirator 5 I'm guessing is John Eastman who I still can't believe CU Boulder had in as a guest lecturer. I'm hoping one of the other's is Jenna Ellis...another piece of trash coming out of Weld County, CO.
The WaPost has the breakdown/speculation here: Here are the Trump co-conspirators described in the DOJ indictment
  1. Rudy Guiliani
  • John Eastman
  • Sidney Powell
  • Jeffrey Clark
  • Kenneth Chesebro
  • A political consultant
My guess on #6 is Roger Stone.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

These people need to fucking burn, man.

I swear to Christ we will fall to this authoritarian bullshit if nothing comes of this.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

So much of this indictment is so unbelievably stupid! How did these idiots ever succeed in life? I would love to see Rudy and the rest of them indicted too. Will Trump’s Super PAC pay their legal bills too?
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

A new candidate for co-conspirator #6: Ginni Thomas! Now that would be delicious...
TankFarm2023
Jackie Treehorn

Post by TankFarm2023 »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:17 pm A new candidate for co-conspirator #6: Ginni Thomas! Now that would be delicious...

Olberman guessing it's shitbird Bernie Kerik, which would also be delicious
"Don't give me that Quaker in a titty bar look!"
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'd still like to know who the Republican clown was that gave this quote to the Post 2 years ago:

‘What’s the downside for humoring him?’: A GOP official’s unintentionally revealing quote about the Trump era
Speaking about President Trump’s and his legal team’s myriad and baseless claims of massive voter fraud, an anonymous senior Republican official offered a rhetorical shrug.

“What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change,” the official said. “He went golfing this weekend. It’s not like he’s plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He’s tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he’ll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he’ll leave.”
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I mean, what are they going to do? Storm the Capitol?
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Rudy harassment lawsuit will make you want to wretch in horror, and the transcripts of her audio recordings are somehow even more gross

entire lawsuit (it even contains a screenshot from the borat movie as a visual reference)

"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

All your tits are belong to me.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

(Not for nothing, and of course he's disgusting piece of shit, but... I find it a little difficult sympathizing with her after seeing scores of photos with her yucking it up in numerous photos with Ivanka, the Brothers Idiot and a whole host of fucking awful people in Trumpland. I hope she sues him for all he's worth (what is that at this point?), but she sure seems to have sold her soul to the devil and, what, now that he's fully disgraced it's time to say something?

A lot of these enablers need to do some real introspection. Our country is a heartbeat away from turning into a fascist regime and all these assholes in this orbit are complicit.)
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:54 am (Not for nothing, and of course he's disgusting piece of shit, but... I find it a little difficult sympathizing with her after seeing scores of photos with her yucking it up in numerous photos with Ivanka, the Brothers Idiot and a whole host of fucking awful people in Trumpland. I hope she sues him for all he's worth (what is that at this point?), but she sure seems to have sold her soul to the devil and, what, now that he's fully disgraced it's time to say something?

A lot of these enablers need to do some real introspection. Our country is a heartbeat away from turning into a fascist regime and all these assholes in this orbit are complicit.)
I will always have sympathy for victims of sexual harassment in the workplace, and I've interviewed dozens of women who failed to speak up for years for a variety of reasons, and I will never judge their decisions. OTOH, if you take a job with Rudy Guiliani, you have to expect an enormous level of sleaze. Sexual harassment, being asked to lie in court documents, not get paid (she alleges he owes her $1 million in unpaid wages), and basically everything you do will be illegal and/or immoral and for all the wrong purposes. I also read that she claimed back in 2018 or 2019 that she was in a consensual sexual relationship with Rudy. Prior consent doesn't negate the claim of sexual harassment, but it does make me lose respect for her.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Right. I felt a little gross typing that, but I kind of felt compelled to put it out there. It's roughly equivalent to going to work for a mobster or a drug cartel. Unless you are just incredibly naive and did ZERO research on the man. And if you stuck around him in 2019 and 2020 and watched what he did from close range?

I mean, kind of fuck you lady?
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I have about as much sympathy for this woman as I do for Trump voters who lost loved ones to Covid.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Since I'm not a lawyer, I'm finding the annotated version of the indictment done by the NY Times very enlightening. Here's a gift link so you don't have to have an account to read it: The Trump Jan. 6 Indictment, Annotated
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

2 things can be true at the same time.

I'm horrified that she endured that, but I completely shrug when she knowingly decided to leave home and join ISIS.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:40 am Since I'm not a lawyer, I'm finding the annotated version of the indictment done by the NY Times very enlightening. Here's a gift link so you don't have to have an account to read it: The Trump Jan. 6 Indictment, Annotated
Thanks. This is the highlight, somehow
The speaker of the Arizona House at the time, Rusty Bowers, is a conservative Republican but resisted Mr. Trump’s attempt to persuade him to subvert the election. He was later awarded the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award for that action, which ended his political career: Last year, the state Republican Party censured him for his resistance, and he was overwhelmingly defeated in a primary election for State Senate.

Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Also, every time they cite one of Trump's "tweets" instead of "xeets" it really brings me back.

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
cerranoredux
Brandt

Post by cerranoredux »

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Gotta a question about this...

Trump plans to use charges to revisit 2020 election, a fraught topic for GOP
Former president Donald Trump and some of his legal advisers see an upside to the latest criminal case against him: He can use his upcoming trial to further argue his false claims of a stolen 2020 election.

The looming courtroom showdown is poised to push his insistence that election fraud occurred in 2020 toward the center of the 2024 presidential campaign, a dismaying prospect for Republicans and some of Trump’s advisers who have urged him to stop belaboring that subject. Trump’s defense team has signaled that they’ll focus on rebutting prosecutors’ allegations that Trump knew his fraud claims were false.
Now, I'm not a lawyer, but if the defense attorneys start going down the road of trying to show "evidence" that the 2020 election was stolen, couldn't the Judge say that's already been litigated in other courts, and is not material to these charges?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

DaveInSeattle wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:08 pm Gotta a question about this...

Trump plans to use charges to revisit 2020 election, a fraught topic for GOP
Former president Donald Trump and some of his legal advisers see an upside to the latest criminal case against him: He can use his upcoming trial to further argue his false claims of a stolen 2020 election.

The looming courtroom showdown is poised to push his insistence that election fraud occurred in 2020 toward the center of the 2024 presidential campaign, a dismaying prospect for Republicans and some of Trump’s advisers who have urged him to stop belaboring that subject. Trump’s defense team has signaled that they’ll focus on rebutting prosecutors’ allegations that Trump knew his fraud claims were false.
Now, I'm not a lawyer, but if the defense attorneys start going down the road of trying to show "evidence" that the 2020 election was stolen, couldn't the Judge say that's already been litigated in other courts, and is not material to these charges?
I heard a reporter ask that of one of Trumps 100s of personal lawyers, and the response was that they never litigated the issue in the 60-something cases, as they were all thrown out on standing. That's factually incorrect, of course, but in many of the cases, it was thrown out for failing to provide any evidence. They could argue that the none of the cases were ever tried on the merits.
-Pruitt
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

As a criminal defendant, he’s going to have pretty wide latitude to put on evidence. I would think he needs to show some connection to his state of mind in the moment, however.