The Live Music thread...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

sancarlos
The Dude

Re: The Live Music thread...

Post by sancarlos »

Giff wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:12 pm Headed to DFW Saturday with one of my oldest friends to catch Vandoliers and Sam Morrow at some free concert series they put on in Arlington during the summer. Bringing home my wife’s favorite meal ever (fried chicken from Babe’s Chicken Dinner) for a Mother’s Day dinner. It was her idea for me to go since I had passed on going to a different show last month, and it was my idea for the dinner, so basically I won points while getting to take a road trip to see a concert during this weekend of all weekends. I’m better than OK!
Sounds like a blast!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:31 pm
Giff wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:12 pm Headed to DFW Saturday with one of my oldest friends to catch Vandoliers and Sam Morrow at some free concert series they put on in Arlington during the summer. Bringing home my wife’s favorite meal ever (fried chicken from Babe’s Chicken Dinner) for a Mother’s Day dinner. It was her idea for me to go since I had passed on going to a different show last month, and it was my idea for the dinner, so basically I won points while getting to take a road trip to see a concert during this weekend of all weekends. I’m better than OK!
Sounds like a blast!
With this friend 10 years ago it would sound like trouble. He’s sober-ish now so I guess we will see!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Have to sell Echo & the Bunnymen next Friday because the 8U all-star game got moved which means we'll never know "would Mister D have gone to the venue where he thought it was (Flatbush) or would he have checked tickets and gone to the right one (Williamsburg)".
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Has anyone seen LCD Soundsystem?

They are doing 4 nights here, starting tomorrow, and I missed out on the regular tickets. But I just checked on Stubhub and I can get tickets for a semi-reasonable price, and I'm wondering if its worth it.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Never seen them except the "final concert" doc which seemed pretty great. If they can get 75% of the way there on a normal night it seems worth it.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.