Life's Little Gifts Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Life's Little Gifts Thread

Post by A_B »

So growing up there was a pizza place about 1/3 of a mile from my house. It's a chain (Giovannis, not sure how prevalent that is as I haven't seen one outside Kentucky/Easters West Virginia) but it had the best pizza in town plus I had an open acocutn there that my mom would pay off weekly. I didn't abuse it necessarily, but during the summer I would walk down there a couple of times a week.

Anyway, moved to Lexington, but still ate there whenever I could when I was back home. Mom brought me an uncooked pizza from there for a birthday thing one time and we cooked it at our house. Needless to say, this was my place.

There was a location in Lexington, so naturally I checked it out. Not even close to the same thing. Pizza was way different -hometown had thin crust, pepperoni beneath cheese, sauce that was amazing and the Lexington location had none of that - and the location was well out of my way so I never went back.

Fast forward to yesterday. We got a flyer in the mail that a new location had opened in my part of town - less than a mile away - and we were looking to eat out anyway. Figured I was in for what I had in my college days - that location shut down a few years back - from the bad one but had to at least give it a try.

Boom. Same as it was in my hometown. Really took me back. Made me think of my mom, who knew whenever I ended up in town that we were going to Giovanni's. It's just something that I wasn't expecting and it turned out to be exactly what I wanted. And it's right around the corner! Made my week.

Other places have better pizzas. Nowhere else has my favorite pizza.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Jerloma
The Dude

Re: Life's Little Gifts Thread

Post by Jerloma »

We're all amused by the idea that you can get good pizza in Kentucky.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:We're all amused by the idea that you can get good pizza in Kentucky.
At least their calzones have cheese.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Jerloma wrote:We're all amused by the idea that you can get good pizza in Kentucky.
That was the point of the story, naturally.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

J-Lo not believing something exists just because he's never seen it himself ha ha ha isn't that so typical SMH!!!
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Bensell
Jesus Quintana

Post by Bensell »

I always heard Giovanni's was excellent but hated the one that I ate at. I think it was at the north side of New Circle Road; it's been a few years so I'm not sure. Where is the new location you're talking about, as I'm willing to give it a chance.

The best pizza in Lexington is Pazzo's, but if you are talking delivery I will go with Good Fellas even though they don't deliver to my house.
Worldwide Frivologist and International Juke Artist
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

PAzzo's and Goodfellas are definitely some of the best pizza in town.

The new location in where LA Gourmet used to be off Saron Drive. Very close to your old place, but I do believe you have since moved.
Bensell
Jesus Quintana

Post by Bensell »

AB_skin_test wrote:PAzzo's and Goodfellas are definitely some of the best pizza in town.

The new location in where LA Gourmet used to be off Saron Drive. Very close to your old place, but I do believe you have since moved.
Yep. But now that I'm living with Mom that is still pretty close. Will check it out next time I order from here.
Worldwide Frivologist and International Juke Artist