2016 NFL Offseason Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: 2016 NFL Offseason Thread

Post by brian »

Chiefs lose two draft picks for tampering last season (3rd rounder this year, 7th rounder next year).
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

This is all I have to contribute to an NFL thread:
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

brian wrote:Chiefs lose two draft picks for tampering last season (3rd rounder this year, 7th rounder next year).
Second pick is a sixth. Denying them the chance to get the Tom Brady of 2017.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

brian wrote:Chiefs lose two draft picks for tampering last season (3rd rounder this year, 7th rounder next year).
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Douggy P seems like the kind of guy who destroys his phone for security purposes.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Can I have your password so I can go on a "THE NFL IS ONLY PUNISHING US BECAUSE ITS US!!!!!!!" rant?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
Can I have your password so I can go on a "THE NFL IS ONLY PUNISHING US BECAUSE ITS US!!!!!!!" rant?
oh man I really did miss my opportunity didn't I?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yup.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

The Broncos have reportedly traded for Mark Sanchez
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sanchize winning a title would be awesome.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:The Broncos have reportedly traded for Mark Sanchez

My boss, a Broncos fan, screamed "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

I guess Kaep wants to keep his 12 million.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

This quarterback situation in Denver is weird. Latest scuttlebutt here in the Bay Area (per sports talk radio) is that Kaepernick is favoring Cleveland as a destination. You read that correctly.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Like how Epstein picked the Cubs, except without any chance of succeeding.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:

so people legitimately think Sanchez is gonna be the starter in Denver. that's cute
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Rush2112 wrote:

so people legitimately think Sanchez is gonna be the starter in Denver. that's cute
Yeah, there are still several better options available than Sanchez. They needed a backup, too.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
Rush2112 wrote:

Yeah, there are still several better options available than Sanchez. They needed a backup, too.
Bingo. They weren't going with Trevor Siemian as the No. 2.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

sancarlos wrote: Yeah, there are still several better options available than Sanchez. They needed a backup, too.
Well, currently the word is Fitzmagic wants to stay in NY and Kaep wants to go to the Browns, or perhaps the 9ers want to keep him.

Who's left RGIII, Hoyer,? ?
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Rush2112 wrote:
sancarlos wrote: Yeah, there are still several better options available than Sanchez. They needed a backup, too.
Well, currently the word is Fitzmagic wants to stay in NY and Kaep wants to go to the Browns, or perhaps the 9ers want to keep him.

Who's left RGIII, Hoyer,? ?
Yeah, it's getting thinner. I'm thinking of trying out
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

When I told Sabo that Kaepernick wanted to go to the Browns he said that's proof he has CTE. Kaep, not Sabo. Though I imagine he might have it too from all the banging his head on the desk messages he sends me.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I don't think Sanchez is thaaaaat bad. He gets in trouble when he tries to sling it around to make up a deficit, with the core of the defense in Denver he probably won't have to do that.

They do need a RB as well though. Wonder if they'll match the CJ offer or roll the dice with Foster (hands off Morris, I want him on the Pats.)
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

A_B wrote:When I told Sabo that Kaepernick wanted to go to the Browns he said that's proof he has CTE. Kaep, not Sabo. Though I imagine he might have it too from all the banging his head on the desk messages he sends me.
I can understand it.

A lot less pressure, if he's even moderately successful they're erecting statues in his honor, and he doesn't have to restructure his contract.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Rush2112 wrote:I don't think Sanchez is thaaaaat bad. He gets in trouble when he tries to sling it around to make up a deficit, with the core of the defense in Denver he probably won't have to do that.
He certainly can't be worse than 2016 Manning. He also ran the Eagles offense a hell of a lot better than Bradford did last year.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

A_B wrote:When I told Sabo that Kaepernick wanted to go to the Browns he said that's proof he has CTE. Kaep, not Sabo. Though I imagine he might have it too from all the banging his head on the desk messages he sends me.
Hue Jackson
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Hue Jackson
Speaking of Hue, I read one report that speculated Hue would try to pry A.J. McCarron from Cincy. I wonder if Denver could talk the Bengals out of him.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Rush2112 wrote:
if he's even moderately successful they're erecting statues in his honor
Right next to the "Great Job!" plaque they got at Staples for Kelly Holcomb
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Rush2112 wrote:I don't think Sanchez is thaaaaat bad.
In relation to many other QBs out there, than no, he isn't outrageously bad.

But being as good as Brian Hoyer doesn't make him better than terrible.

And this just in - Johnny Football has been waived.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

I think he's a much better QB than Hoyer. He did play in two AFCCG games after all.

Pruitt, thanks for 7-11 btw!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:I think he's a much better QB than Hoyer. He did play in two AFCCG games after all.
Rush2112 when talking about Peyton Manning's performance in the Super Bowl wrote:This win was the equivalent of a reliever coming in and throwing a passed ball that results in a runner getting thrown out at the plate for the final out.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Rush2112 wrote:I think he's a much better QB than Hoyer. He did play in two AFCCG games after all.
Rush2112 when talking about Peyton Manning's performance in the Super Bowl wrote:This win was the equivalent of a reliever coming in and throwing a passed ball that results in a runner getting thrown out at the plate for the final out.
Sanchez was a tad better than Manning's SB performance in both those runs. 9/3 TD to INT and a 60% completion percentage, but good job looking that up buddy!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
Sanchez was a tad better than Manning's SB performance in both those runs. 9/3 TD to INT and a 60% completion percentage, but good job looking that up buddy!
you're missing the point that you can't argue conference title game appearances as a guide for quarterback value if you're willing to argue the opposite when it comes to the Super Bowl win of a quarterback and franchise you dislike
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Broncos have their new quarterback.

“BREAKING NEWS: The Denver Broncos sign veteran quarterback, Uncle Rico, from Idaho. VP of Football operations and General Manager, John Elway said, “The guy can throw a football over them Rocky Mountains.”
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:
you're missing the point that you can't argue conference title game appearances as a guide for quarterback value if you're willing to argue the opposite when it comes to the Super Bowl win of a quarterback and franchise you dislike
There's no point to miss. Sanchez wasn't a detriment to his team when they went to those AFCCGs. Manning had 1 good drive in the Super Bowl, and what 12 straight three and outs? (and guess what I don't like either franchise or QB all the much, better make a note of that for your future reference.)

No idea why you feel the need to grade points I make, it's an Internet discussion board for christ's sake
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

sancarlos wrote:The Broncos have their new quarterback.
“BREAKING NEWS: The Denver Broncos sign veteran quarterback, Uncle Rico, from Idaho. VP of Football operations and General Manager, John Elway said, “The guy can throw a football over them Rocky Mountains.”
That was a great quote from Sanders. Really wish the Steelers hadn't matched the Pats offer a few years back, love the guy.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Here's hoping he can regain his '82 form.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:
There's no point to miss. Sanchez wasn't a detriment to his team when they went to those AFCCGs. Manning had 1 good drive in the Super Bowl, and what 12 straight three and outs? (and guess what I don't like either franchise or QB all the much, better make a note of that for your future reference.)
*makes highly exaggerated statement that's not even close to the truth*
No idea why you feel the need to grade points I make, it's an Internet discussion board for christ's sake
*don't tell me I'm not being rational!*
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote: *makes highly exaggerated statement that's not even close to the truth*
Ah, yes misremembering it was 13 straight missed 3rd down conversions. 1-14 on 3rd down. 11 drives of ten or less yards, 7 of those being 3 and outs outs, complete changes his crappy ass performance to one for the ages indeed!

I can see how not exactly remembering shitty ass stats insults your journalistic integrity.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Agreed, it's just a message board. If someone wants to make stuff up to support an argument, it's a total dick move to call that out.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Rush2112 wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote: *makes highly exaggerated statement that's not even close to the truth*
Ah, yes misremembering it was 13 straight missed 3rd down conversions. 1-14 on 3rd down. 11 drives of ten or less yards, 7 of those being 3 and outs outs, complete changes his crappy ass performance to one for the ages indeed!
Rush2112 wrote:Manning had 1 good drive in the Super Bowl, and what 12 straight three and outs?
I am thisclose to thinking you're intentionally being obtuse to back up your previous statement that you don't have to find proof for your message board facts, because I'm really not sure how else you can try to claim that 12 straight three and outs = 13 failed third down conversions.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote:Agreed, it's just a message board. If someone wants to make stuff up to support an argument, it's a total dick move to call that out.
you beat me to it! /waits for post to be ...ed ever so slightly

one of the reasons this place has been great over the years is because people make cogent arguments. I apologize for wanting to keep that standard. you all have the right to call me out for making shit up out of thin air, but perhaps the reason you don't see that happen all that often is because I don't have a tendency to do it.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Brontoburglar wrote:
I am thisclose to thinking you're intentionally being obtuse to back up your previous statement that you don't have to find proof for your message board facts, because I'm really not sure how else you can try to claim that 12 straight three and outs = 13 failed third down conversions.
Not sure what's being 'obtuse' about stating something was misremembered, and actually written in a way that one could infer that it was from memory. When someone states "something like 12 3 and outs" that reads to you like a fact that's been fact checked 5 times and has as many citations?

I REMEMBER the announcers saying that they had set a record for third down ineptitude, sorry that it insults you that my memory isn't perfect.

Again, if you have problems with the things I say you have no obligation to respond to them, you can even use the ignore function on the board like so many have done with Mr. Troll (not counting the people that don't come here anymore because of his being an asshole.) I come here to discuss things because I'm stuck behind a desk and like to talk about a multitude of things, I don't treat it like a dissertation and sometimes go by my recollection of things. I do enough research in my professional life, and I choose not to spend my recreation time doing the same. If you don't like the way I say things then act like we're in a bar and turn your back and strike out with that girl next to you.