Random Politics

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Random Politics

Post by Pruitt »

degenerasian wrote: Liberal majority tonight, what a shocker. Hudek once again snatches defeat from the hands of victory.

So in Canada over the last few months, we had a minority government in Quebec call their own election and get soundly defeated and a minority government in Ontario that was defeated in the legislature come back with a majority.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Remember in Kingpin where "to do a Munson" was synonymous with totally screwing up your life? From now on "Pulling a Hudak" should have the same meaning. Serves him right for hiring interns to run his campaign.

What a douche.

But now that his career as Opposition Leader is over, maybe he can fall back on his previous work experience (from Macleans):
Hudak has been criticized for not having much real world experience outside government — he was first elected at age 27 in the 1995 Conservative sweep led by Mike Harris — but he did hold jobs as a customs officer while going to university and later as a regional manager for Walmart.
Ever been put through the ringer by some weaselly twenty year old customs official? One of life's most frustrating experiences. Oddly, that appeal didn't resonate with the people of Ontario.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Charles is about as liberal as they come, more liberal than the furthest left sentiments on the swamp. He has a nice two-part essay, and I agree with every fucking word.

The Most Destructive Presidencies in U.S. History: George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama Part One

Part Two
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

"More destructive than Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan, which led to actual destruction"
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Sorry, I'm counting more than just white people and their property destroyed. Perhaps our definitions of the word 'actual' are not aligned.

(Foul-assed mood today, GPJ. Sincerely sorry you stepped into my field of fire.) (Besides, you'd have to blame Lincoln more than his two predecessors.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I blame Zachary Taylor eating cherries and milk.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This is great.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Crimeny!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Would somebody mind posting a quick summary of what was said in that video? I can't watch any of those assholes without getting irrationally angry for like 48 hours.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

You could probably just watch the last 45 seconds but you'd lose the buildup. The host is just sooooooo annoyed by Bachmann.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

And Bachmann said, "Crimeny" about four times in a row when they were talking over each other.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Would somebody mind posting a quick summary of what was said in that video? I can't watch any of those assholes without getting irrationally angry for like 48 hours.
Holy moley - with Fox News cutting her off, if she had any sense of pride, she would have simply turned around, walked to the edge of that balcony and imitated Lee Remick from The Omen.

Basically, the talking head was asking her why they are suing now. He then wanted to know if she understood what she was talking about. He averred to the fact that he would understand if the democrats were outraged at the idea of Boehner's to withhold funding for the executive branch.

His disgust seemed genuine and he was remarkably frustrated that she was merely sticking to talking points.

Time for Rep. Bachman to go home and try to seduce her husband.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Sooooo....this Hobby Lobby thing, huh? Weird.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Well if corporations can be people, then why shouldn't they be able to have a religion? Not surprising as always that the 5 people who voted against women's rights were all men. What the fuck happened to Roberts anyway? I thought he was supposed to be moderate?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote:What the fuck happened to Roberts anyway? I thought he was supposed to be moderate?
Why on earth did you think that? If he was supposed to be moderate, Bush would not have appointed him. This does make me regret that Harriet Miers didn't get the nomination instead of Alito, though.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah but I thought he was supposed to be one of those kind of reasonable even as a conservative types. Maybe I was just swayed by all that handsome.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Jerloma wrote:Yeah but I thought he was supposed to be one of those kind of reasonable even as a conservative types. Maybe I was just swayed by all that handsome.
All that handsome and the "I just call balls and strikes" bullshit.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I love me some Jaclyn Glenn, but my recent subscription to That Guy T shows she's not completely good at making a correct point all the time.

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I'm sure that dude would be perfectly okay with companies citing religious affiliation to discriminate against black people.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That doesn't even make sense.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

He's saying that private companies can do whatever they want and treat their employees however they want because you don't have to work for them.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

This is great. Arizona Congressman acting like a tough guy confronting a bus full of children he thought were migrants. Reporter interviews him, and gives him enough rope to hang himself before letting the Congressman know that it was a bus full of YMCA campers.

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

"THEY WERE SAD TOO!!!"
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I don't get it. Do we normally ship in Mexican kids on public school buses or something?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Jerloma wrote:I don't get it. Do we normally ship in Mexican kids on public school buses or something?
If you do, it's not compassion.

What the hell is going on down there? Are buses of illegal immigrant children being harassed by grandstanding politicians across the south west, or is this an isolated incident?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jerloma wrote:I don't get it. Do we normally ship in Mexican kids on public school buses or something?
Not Mexican, but Central American. In 2008, Bush championed a law allowing unaccompanied children entering the country to come into the country until their status as a refugee can be ascertained. The law exempts Mexicans and Canadians, who must have a determination within 48 hours. The reason I specified Bush is because the Right is suddenly up in arms over this law, and is the central point of the rallying cry about Obama being weak at the boarder. I think this is somehow tied into the Anchor Baby conspiracy/scare tactic. I'm not sure why they are suddenly up in arms (literally) over this law, as it is 6 years old.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Pruitt wrote:

What the hell is going on down there? Are buses of illegal immigrant children being harassed by grandstanding politicians across the south west, or is this an isolated incident?

Yes. Yes they are. Including the manly, gun toting Governor of Texas. Seen here posing with a giant boat-mounted gun with Chickenhawk Sean Hannity. Still waiting for Sean to volunteer for getting waterboarded, like he promised he would, seeing as waterboarding isn't torture and is only have a little bit of water poured on your head.

-Pruitt
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

The Sybian wrote:
Pruitt wrote:

Yes. Yes they are. Including the manly, gun toting Governor of Texas. Seen here posing with a giant boat-mounted gun with Chickenhawk Sean Hannity. Still waiting for Sean to volunteer for getting waterboarded, like he promised he would, seeing as waterboarding isn't torture and is only have a little bit of water poured on your head.

Do you think Sean rubbed one out right there on the boat? Or did he wait until he got back to the hotel?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

He wouldn't have to do it himself with Perry right there.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

The Sybian wrote:This is great. Arizona Congressman acting like a tough guy confronting a bus full of children he thought were migrants. Reporter interviews him, and gives him enough rope to hang himself before letting the Congressman know that it was a bus full of YMCA campers.

I cannot wait to move out of this state.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

phxgators wrote:
The Sybian wrote:This is great. Arizona Congressman acting like a tough guy confronting a bus full of children he thought were migrants. Reporter interviews him, and gives him enough rope to hang himself before letting the Congressman know that it was a bus full of YMCA campers.

Did I see your kid started school already? That's reason enough.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

govmentchedda wrote:
phxgators wrote:

Did I see your kid started school already? That's reason enough.
Yeah, our oldest started 1st grade yesterday. Luckily we are literally across the street from a very good school. But we are making plans to move next summer.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I meant, "isn't it early to be starting school?" Mid-July seems like summer is barely here.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

govmentchedda wrote:I meant, "isn't it early to be starting school?" Mid-July seems like summer is barely here.
Ah, I see... I thought you were referencing AZ's overall bad schools.

Our district has a modified year-round schedule. So in place of a longer summer break, they get 2 weeks (plus a couple of days, usually, for teacher in-service days) off for fall/winter/spring breaks. It's so hot here in the summer the kids can't really get outside and play, so having the extra time off when the weather is nicer is so much better. Rather than being stuck inside this week with highs near 115, he's at school. Plus I think it should have added benefit of more knowledge retention year-to-year with the shorter summers.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

That makes sense. If I were a Florida kid, I'd probably hate being stuck inside for much of the summer.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

Just mowing the lawn, huh?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

phxgators wrote:Just mowing the lawn, huh?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, yeah. Duh.

Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

My initial reaction was laughing, but quickly realized it is actually really fucking depressing. Fuck these people and their blatant lies. Why do we let them get away with it?
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

#ImpeachEverybody
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Impeachment resolutions have a long history, tho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachmen ... _officials" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They even tried to impeach John Tyler! Probably for being so fertile.