Johnnie
The Dude

Re: 2016 NFL Offseason Thread

Post by Johnnie »

howard wrote:https://twitter.com/hashtag/VeteransFor ... wsrc%5Etfw

#VeteransForKaepernick
Heh:

This hashtag is going to possibly trigger two things:

1) mandatory service-wide briefings about why we cannot make political statements in uniform.

2) giving license to military members who aren't for Kaepernick the ability to rat out those who are on the technicality that they used their uniform to make a political statement.

If either happens, I'll let you know. If the DoD is smart they acknowledge the hashtag, the intent behind it, their pride in knowing that a large swath of military members understand what their service truly means, but strongly cautions that prolonged individual interaction with politics could be met with repercussions.

Sure, the surly bastards that dislike Kaep are going to bitch, but those are the same types bitch whenever gay service members march in their uniforms or when an atheist makes a complaint about a person pushing God in a subtle capacity, but fuck those types anyway.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The guy is consistent, at least. Kaepernick doesn't look to be backing down. You've probably already heard that the latest addition to the controversy is his socks, which depict a cartoon pig as a cop.

"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust," Kaepernick wrote on Instagram on Thursday. "I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."
I hope he doesn't get shot.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

He's been wearing he socks since before the sit in apparently.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Let me guess. They're gunna go find a moment in time where he said "banks suck" and are going to hold it against him because he has bank accounts.

I'm not a fan of cops either, but that's no indictment on what I think about the service of all of them. They're a required force to help keep the peace, but the pigs who like to be trigger happy can still be considered pigs. And fuck those guys in particular.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Oh, I haven't said this in a while.

But Fuck the Police.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That shit about the Santa Clara cops refusing to do their jobs at the stadium because of Kaep?

What a way to show your ass in front of America.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote:That shit about the Santa Clara cops refusing to do their jobs at the stadium because of Kaep?

Isn;t stadium duty one of those time and a half perks that cops get?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:
Johnnie wrote:That shit about the Santa Clara cops refusing to do their jobs at the stadium because of Kaep?

Isn;t stadium duty one of those time and a half perks that cops get?
Usually. It varies on the city and police union rules, etc, etc. But I think most cops would agree it's a pretty cushy gig all in all. Beats scraping motorcyclists off the highway or rousting crackheads.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I don't like his pig socks at all and I think it undercuts his message and makes him look bad. It's more Louis Farrakhan than MLK.

But holy shit, police. This is the soppiest, wettest police puss response yet. Political correctness is killing this country! Oh, wait, he wore pig socks and the police are the ones who are offended? This is a hostile work environment! Go police!

Fuckin' bitches, man. All of these people are making Kaepernick look right, or at least better. If people who didn't like it responded like Ally Villanueva and hell, like SportsDoc, with reasoned takes expressing disapproval and you move on, he'd probably look bad here. But people are frothing at the mouth about black on black violence and what do you think these players think when they see that?
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:https://twitter.com/hashtag/VeteransFor ... wsrc%5Etfw

#VeteransForKaepernick
But Sarah Palin just came out "on behalf of ALL servicemen" in trashing Kaepernick, so the opinions expressed with that hashtag are no longer relevant.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

Ryan wrote:Touchbacks coming out to the 25.

What's the average starting field position on a non-touchback? I would think 25 yards is getting close to the point where you actually want to encourage a [strikethrough]possible paralysis[strikethrough] return attempt.
Give me a hoodie
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

sancarlos wrote:
sancarlos wrote:So, as background, you should recall that the 49ers are a bit of a tire fire, what with a weak roster featuring a quarterback who doesn't want to be there and Chip Kelly riding in to the rescue. Also, you may recall that one problem the 49ers had last year was finding a competent warm body to play right tackle. It was a problem spot all year long, after incumbent right tackle Anthony Davis surprisingly retired following the 2014 season, citing a need to recover more fully from concussions.

A couple months ago, Davis pronounced himself fit and ready to rejoin the team in 2016. GM Trent Baalke didn't exactly rejoice at this news, and it appears lingering bitterness remains. So, Davis has consistently said he is coming back, but also has not filed his un-retirement papers with the league. He's also taken some shots at 49ers management, possibly due to Baalke's hesitance to welcome him back with open arms. Supposedly, they've spoken on the phone and texted, but there appears to be some sort of impasse. And, now, it looks apparent that Davis would like to play elsewhere, having posted these tweets today...
Update: "Retired" former 49er starter Anthony Davis filed for reinstatement today. Will be interesting to see if he and the team put the bad blood behind them, or if he gets traded elsewhere.
Aaaaand... retired again, today!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Who does he think he is, a boxing ex champ? or Brett Favre?
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:
howard wrote:Well, some folks protested. And the same arguments were used then.

Didn't we settle this shit decades ago? I mean, asked and fucking answered.

Peter Norman, the white Australian guy on the podium, died recently and I read a fascinating article about him. Racism and segregation of aboriginals in Australia was very similar to Jim Crow era racism, and Norman strongly opposed the racism. Norman was in on the black glove idea. They only had one pair of gloves, and Norman had the idea for each of them to wear one glove. Norman borrowed a Human Rights badge US athletes were wearing. He went home to a shit storm, and basically had his life destroyed. That, plus an injury led him to an addiction to painkillers and booze. He got an apology from the Australian government in 2012, so it's all good.

It's often forgotten, but the two older white guys in the front of that picture went on to accept HUGE amounts in bribes from countries the world over. Pretty great accomplishments, if you ask me.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Hell, it took you a year to remember it!

EDIT: Fuckin nevermind
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse