The Pot Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: The Pot Thread

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:49 pm I’ve read anything without weed/residue is safe so I imagine you’re fine.
In theory you’re not supposed to have anything with any kind of battery in a checked bag.

For whatever it’s worth I always fly with my vape & carts in my computer bag/carryon and TSA never says anything. They seriously don’t give a fuck about cannabis any more and they don’t want to be having to determine what’s cannabis and what’s tobacco etc.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I just put the cartridge in my checked bag and battery in carry-on. I even brought back a couple pre-rolls from Vegas a few weeks ago.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Yeah, I've always kept them separated in my baggage (the cart with chargers, etc. and the battery in my shaving kit.)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

giff loud as fuck on the plane huh?
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Can't read a whole book on a three-hour flight if you're loud!
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

I made it guys.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

You sure?
HH.jpeg
HH.jpeg (36.57 KiB) Viewed 818 times
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Just bring edibles, like I am.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Man I took a bite of a friends gummie the other night at DMB because why the fuck not gummies never affect me. Except on the way out Kelli had to hold me up while I'm thinking and saying out loud I have no idea why she's having to do that. It was an odd experience.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Sounds like you were high, Giff.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

govmentchedda wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:23 pm Just bring edibles, like I am.
Why not both!?

(I took like 2.5 10mg edibles for Sigur Ros which is about 10-15 mg more than I would have for a regular night at home, but the extra dosage is warranted when the music and lights really get going.

ETA: And I am fastidious about taking them over time and not all at once. 10 mg to start, 10 mg an hour later and the last 5 mg right when the show starts.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

mister d wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:02 pm Sounds like you were high, Giff.
I think so. But I was so clear headed realizing I couldn’t walk straight.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Oh man, I hate that. I still vividly remember in HS or college being high like that and forgetting how to pee because my friend's dog was watching me. I was in the bathroom for either 4 or 45 minutes.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 pm Oh man, I hate that. I still vividly remember in HS or college being high like that and forgetting how to pee because my friend's dog was watching me. I was in the bathroom for either 4 or 45 minutes.
I love that story
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

It may be the whiskey talking, but I laughed way too hard at that
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I think I've mentioned this like 6 times, but we finally booked everything.

I'll be in Vegas September 29th through October 3rd with a few friends to hang out and check out the World Series of Board Games.

My wife's birthday is the 30th and the day I'm a civilian again is the 1st. Let's just say it'll be a fantastic time.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:33 am I think I've mentioned this like 6 times, but we finally booked everything.

I'll be in Vegas September 29th through October 3rd with a few friends to hang out and check out the World Series of Board Games.

My wife's birthday is the 30th and the day I'm a civilian again is the 1st. Let's just say it'll be a fantastic time.
Sooo… is that a cryptic way of getting the ball rolling on a Swamp meetup in Las Vegas?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

sancarlos wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:42 am
Johnnie wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:33 am I think I've mentioned this like 6 times, but we finally booked everything.

Sooo… is that a cryptic way of getting the ball rolling on a Swamp meetup in Las Vegas?
Another one, yes. Maybe. I'll have free time and opportunity, so I'm ready when everyone else is. It's an hour flight or a 6 and a half hour drive for me.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Finally made the trek to a dispensary without a line in the rain. Great experience. The store was beautiful, almost like a museum in the front with signs explaining varies terms and different items on display in cases. Bud tenders were extremely friendly and happy to explain everything. Helped that there were more tenders than customers. One question, as the tenders told me not to buy the vape batteries they sell. The said to go to a smoke shop and buy a variable battery. He said the batteries they sell waste a lot of oil and aren't good. Is there anything I should look for in a pen? Brand, features, types? Just look at the dosage, and I may have bought a 5 year supply for myself, or I need to up my usage.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ha ... when I thought they were about to go full medical around the new year so I bought what I thought was a bridge stock for the shortage and I'm like 1/4 through if that.

As for batteries, I like Vessel's Compass. I haven't compared it to any other "good" brand so for all I know it actually sucks, but I read a bit and picked that one off reviews and they seem solid so far.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

In my experience the autodraws without variable settings are great to have when you are being somewhat discreet but I do think they don't last as long.

The variable ones let me decide how useful I want to be for the next 90 minutes or so.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I picked up a Kind Pen Twist. Doesn’t come with instructions, but according to the stoners on YouTube, I click 5 times to turn it on, click twice to preheat. So, us preheating necessary, for how long? I assume you hold the button down while taking a hit?

Guy at the dispensary told me to set it to 2.0 or 2.5 volts. I assume higher gives you more? He said two hits will be good with this strain, so we’ll see. And do they come charged? Threw it on a charger to be sure. Feels weird using my work computer for that.
-Pruitt
Pruitt3
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Pruitt3 »

I took my first THC gelcap this evening.

Very pleasant indeed.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

The Sybian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:02 pm I picked up a Kind Pen Twist. Doesn’t come with instructions, but according to the stoners on YouTube, I click 5 times to turn it on, click twice to preheat. So, us preheating necessary, for how long? I assume you hold the button down while taking a hit?

Guy at the dispensary told me to set it to 2.0 or 2.5 volts. I assume higher gives you more? He said two hits will be good with this strain, so we’ll see. And do they come charged? Threw it on a charger to be sure. Feels weird using my work computer for that.
I have a similar one (I think I have the 510) and it turns on with 5, and has 3 voltages that can be changed with two clicks. I preheat if I wanna get hiiiiigh, but generally just hit it...the preheat should just run for like 10-15 seconds then the light flashes and the pen turns off. I have found that some cartridges get plugged on the kind pen, I just run a lighter over the end closer to the mouthpiece and it unclogs.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I also have that kind. I love a fast pre-heat when all I usually want is a quick couple puffs.

It’s funny to consider… when I was young, I loved the ritual of it all… cleaning the pot. Putting just the right amount on the paper, trying to roll the perfect joint, then savoring that first long drag…
Now, I just want to get high.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Death or flower.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

P.D.X. wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:52 amDeath or flower.
I got some pre rolls I need to use. Kid gone next week......so....
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Used to think this way but the wife gets peeved if she can smell it and I hate to have to go upstairs and outside to take a few puffs, especially if there's a tasty jam on.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Much easier when you don't have kids...

I learned you don't need to pull too much on a pen to get a full hit. I couldn't feel anything in my mouth so I pulled a ton. Tried to breath in and instantly knew I fucked up. Lungs were full in a second and I couldn't stop inhaling quick enough. Felt like I burned my lungs and I was coughing for an hour. Other than that... holy fuck! They don't make pot like they used to! It hit within 30 seconds, and I was on the moon in 15 minutes. I read reviews on the strain, and it's hilarious, people say it helps them focus at work, energizing, aids creativity... maybe you build a tolerance, but I can't imagine working on that.

One weird thing, and I don't know if it's related, but I think I had a seizure this morning. It happened in bed and my wife was out of town, but it's happened a bunch of times in the past. I was laying in bed reading the news and felt a nausea that only hits when I have these episodes. Next thing I know I'm in a sort of dream state, everything is black and I have a desperate feeling that I need to fight to wake up. Almost like I was drowning in black water. Woke up drenched in sweat and I'm just starting to feel normal now, 15 hours later. An hour later I felt dizzy and laid down on the couch, my son came running in asking if I was ok. Not sure if I passed out again or fell asleep and dropped my phone. Really hoping that was a fluke/coincidence.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Syb, I’d speak to a doctor about those seizures.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:01 pm
Much easier when you don't have kids...

I learned you don't need to pull too much on a pen to get a full hit. I couldn't feel anything in my mouth so I pulled a ton. Tried to breath in and instantly knew I fucked up. Lungs were full in a second and I couldn't stop inhaling quick enough. Felt like I burned my lungs and I was coughing for an hour. Other than that... holy fuck! They don't make pot like they used to! It hit within 30 seconds, and I was on the moon in 15 minutes. I read reviews on the strain, and it's hilarious, people say it helps them focus at work, energizing, aids creativity... maybe you build a tolerance, but I can't imagine working on that.

One weird thing, and I don't know if it's related, but I think I had a seizure this morning. It happened in bed and my wife was out of town, but it's happened a bunch of times in the past. I was laying in bed reading the news and felt a nausea that only hits when I have these episodes. Next thing I know I'm in a sort of dream state, everything is black and I have a desperate feeling that I need to fight to wake up. Almost like I was drowning in black water. Woke up drenched in sweat and I'm just starting to feel normal now, 15 hours later. An hour later I felt dizzy and laid down on the couch, my son came running in asking if I was ok. Not sure if I passed out again or fell asleep and dropped my phone. Really hoping that was a fluke/coincidence.
sancarlos wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:52 pm Syb, I’d speak to a doctor about those seizures.
You need to call your doctor immediately.
Noli Timere Messorem
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Yeah, man. Call right now.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:52 pm Syb, I’d speak to a doctor about those seizures.
I’ve been to numerous doctors, a neurologist, had an MRI brain scan… it happened once in a hospital after a shoulder surgery, and they held me for two nights to run tests. All clean. “Just something that happens.” Last time was the day after my first COVID vaccine. My wife freaked out as she heard me fall and saw me convulsing. I explained all the testing. She made me do a telehealth visit and sat in so I couldn’t downplay it. Dr said some people just get this. Seizure isn’t the right word, but that’s what it looks like and I usually pull muscles when it happens, so the convulsions must be significant.
-Pruitt
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

The Sybian wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:08 pm
I’ve been to numerous doctors, a neurologist, had an MRI brain scan… it happened once in a hospital after a shoulder surgery, and they held me for two nights to run tests. All clean. “Just something that happens.” Last time was the day after my first COVID vaccine. My wife freaked out as she heard me fall and saw me convulsing. I explained all the testing. She made me do a telehealth visit and sat in so I couldn’t downplay it. Dr said some people just get this. Seizure isn’t the right word, but that’s what it looks like and I usually pull muscles when it happens, so the convulsions must be significant.
Narcolepsy?
Noli Timere Messorem
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

EnochRoot wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:13 am
The Sybian wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:08 pm
Narcolepsy?
Interesting comment, as I do have narcolepsy, but unrelated. Vasovegal Syncope, almost always related to a medical issue or injury. With narcolepsy its exactly like sleeping for a brief time. In middle school through college, I constantly fell asleep in classes, but managed to learn what was taught. With this, it's a nervous system trigger pulling blood from the brain. Seems like a really poorly designed defense mechanism. When I'm out, it's really weird, more like electrical impulses than dreams. Like neon tube lights dancing, sometime with loud buzzing noises. And it feels much deeper than sleep. Coming to sucks. Drenched in sweet, dizzy, a unique nausea that I can't explain, and it takes me all day to recover.

I went to an ENT doctor and they ran a scope through my sinuses. It triggered the syncope response, but the nurse caught it and they flipped my chair and put a cold towel on my head and back of my neck. It was amazing, I was on the edge but didn't go out. I told the nurse it was incredible, she laughed and said "you're the third one today. Sinus scopes are like pushing a button for people with syncope." Really glad I told them beforehand and they were looking for signs.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Time to get back on the horse. One tiny hit to make sure it’s not a problem.
-Pruitt
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:23 pm Time to get back on the horse. One tiny hit to make sure it’s not a problem.
Really hope this want a portent since you haven’t posted yet today
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

My visiting mother-in-law found a discarded bong on the berm in our backyard this morning.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:13 am
The Sybian wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:23 pm Time to get back on the horse. One tiny hit to make sure it’s not a problem.
Really hope this want a portent since you haven’t posted yet today
All good, just been at a soccer tournament all day.
-Pruitt