88%
Nope
13%

Total votes: 24

DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Re: Lawnmowers

Post by DaveInSeattle »

We've had a Greenworks cordless mower for a few years now, and it works great for us. We have a small bit of lawn and the parking strip, and it takes all of about 15-20 minutes to do.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

One thing I'll say about the Ego is I don't think I'd want to lug that battery around for a blower. So if you do get one that uses same battery it's worth thinking about.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

(Way over-) paying to have it done this year and not really looking back. Big lawn, lots of edges, and I don't like it anymore. Time is expensive.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I don't have a yard but if I did I would hate mowing it in 95 degree sweltering humidity.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

OH I'M "RANDOM" NOW
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Our just finished Freshman year nephew (whose parents are overseas) is living with us for the Summer. His "rent" is doing the yard and similar shit. He's going to be sleeping on a sheet on the cement floor if his initial mowing job is representative of his skill.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rush2112 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:18 pm Our just finished Freshman year nephew (whose parents are overseas) is living with us for the Summer. His "rent" is doing the yard and similar shit. He's going to be sleeping on a sheet on the cement floor if his initial mowing job is representative of his skill.
Ha! I’m torn with letting my son do the lawn. It’s shocking how bad he is, so I have to walk with him the entire time and constantly stop him when he strays off his line and leaves strips of unmowed patches. He is a sophomore in HS, FFS. I usually do everything he should be doing because it takes twice as long to supervise than just do it myself, but he needs to learn how to do shit. I always pictured myself enjoying having a HS son to mow the lawn and do chores, but I still like mowing.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I've been on a kick of showing my now adult children how to do stuff when they are home. But, frankly, I like doing the lawn, so I really never gave that one up. I'm set up to do edging, hedging, mowing and then blowing it all out. I don't have a huge yard, but when you add in all the weeding and edging and all that, it's a good chunk of a weekend morning.

I used to make some coin mowing various lawns around town--started doing that in the 6th grade. But I do see how a disinterested or negatively motivated "kid" could butcher the job. Kind of like how they can't seem to grasp how to do laundry... Until they are off at college and it's a debacle to not figure that shit out.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

get xeriscaped, mf'ers
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I know I/we all should but I just don't have the capacity to have to care about other people caring about my lawn.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

The $35 I spend every two weeks for someone to do my yard in 15 minutes is the best $70 I spend a month.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Giff wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:48 am The $35 I spend every two weeks for someone to do my yard in 15 minutes is the best $70 I spend a month.
If this were the rate here I'd be all over it. But it's $45 (that's what my neighbor charges for his side hustle and I use him when I am out of town) BUT the grass has to be cut every week for sure. We don't have the good fortune to have herds of cattle helping out like you Texans.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I should do it once a week in the summer, but then we circle back to mister d's post about me not caring. Plus I'm fucking someone on the HOA board, so not worried about them getting upset!
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I should state that my bar is generally "don't have the worst looking lawn in the neighborhood" and usually I am able to deal with that. If it takes me 10 days to muster up caring so be it.

I did go with Sunday lawn care this year to try something different, and while it hasn't cured everything it's been solid so far.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Giff wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:55 am Plus I'm fucking someone on the HOA board, so not worried about them getting upset!
Living on the edge! If things go sour, she can make your life hell!
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Luckily my wife knows and at least acts enthusiastic about it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

P.D.X. wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:22 am get xeriscaped, mf'ers
So, we are in another drought season out here, and my wife is all fired up to tear out our little lawn and put in dry-weather xeriscape. On one hand, it would be nice when it’s done (if we do it right), but it will cost a lot of money and be a big hassle to do it. So, as usual, I’ll probably bitch and moan for awhile, then give in and do it. Probably do it this September/October, right before we are supposed to get our version of a rainy season.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Excited to use mine tonight before my dad arrives tomorrow. Thankfully, we set a record high temperature today.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

DSafetyGuy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 pm Excited to use mine tonight before my dad arrives tomorrow. Thankfully, we set a record high temperature today.
You're welcome for my service.