NFL 2022 Week 11 - Holy Fucking Snow

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

NFL 2022 Week 11 - Holy Fucking Snow

Post by Johnnie »

If the thread already exists, I don't see it.

Anyway.....sheeeesh!

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: NFL 2022 Week 11 - Holy Fucking Snow

Post by Johnnie »

Oh, and Green Bay most last night because Aaron Rodgers is dookie butter.
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

I have never seen Rodgers look so bad. He’s had games where he made weird decisions before. But last night wasn’t even that—he was just missing open guys by like 10 yards. I’d take Kenny Pickett over him at this point.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Rex wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:13 pm I have never seen Rodgers look so bad. He’s had games where he made weird decisions before. But last night wasn’t even that—he was just missing open guys by like 10 yards. I’d take Kenny Pickett over him at this point.
You must not have seen Rodgers play much this year, I thought that was one of his best performances of the year. Still really bad, but at least he made a couple plays.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

this is very nerdy, but Buffalo-Cleveland is not set to be on TV in Detroit. I need to find when the last time a non-blackout game wasn't televised in the city it's being played in was
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Brontoburglar wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:11 pm this is very nerdy, but Buffalo-Cleveland is not set to be on TV in Detroit. I need to find when the last time a non-blackout game wasn't televised in the city it's being played in was
Also wonder when last time a team played two straight regular season games in the same stadium that isn’t their home field. (Bills play Detroit on Thanksgiving)
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

@ Giants then @ Jets seems plausible?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

mister d wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:45 pm @ Giants then @ Jets seems plausible?
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:45 pm @ Giants then @ Jets seems plausible?
Yeah, just not sure last time it happened, but imagine it has.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

I feel like the Steelers might have played at Baltimore or Cincy in week 17 and then the next week in the Wildcard game in the last 15-20 years. If not, I'm sure that's happened.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:10 pm I feel like the Steelers might have played at Baltimore or Cincy in week 17 and then the next week in the Wildcard game in the last 15-20 years. If not, I'm sure that's happened.
I think the question was “not against the same team”.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Regular season, J-Lo!

Loophole answer might be last week one season and first week of the next.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Ah! My bad
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

There you go!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:27 pm
There you go!
Had to go all the way back to 2020... 49ers went 2-0 against the Jets and Giants with a combined score of 67-22. I wonder if they stayed the week and practiced somewhere or if they flew home after the Jets game. During the lockdown year, they might have found a practice facility going unused.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

According to this, it appears they just stayed out in Jersey for the week.
UP NEXT

San Francisco returns home after a week on the East coast and faces Philadelphia Eagles in a Sunday night game.
The Eagles did something similar in 2017 where they played the Rams in the Coliseum and stayed out in LA when they played in Seattle the following week.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:10 pm I feel like the Steelers might have played at Baltimore or Cincy in week 17 and then the next week in the Wildcard game in the last 15-20 years. If not, I'm sure that's happened.
I had a memory of the Browns hosting the oilers in the season finale and then a week later in a playoff game. Looked it up and it was 1988.

And yes, the Browns lost the playoff game.
Canadian International
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Pruitt IV wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:03 pm
I had a memory of the Browns hosting the oilers in the season finale and then a week later in a playoff game. Looked it up and it was 1988.

Those Oilers teams were fun. Moon, Givins, Jeffries, Hill, Duncan, Dishman, Lorenzo White, Alonzo Highsmith. Sort of like the Philly of the AFC at the time: a fun team that really didn't do shit in the playoffs.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:30 pm
brian wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:27 pm
There you go!
Had to go all the way back to 2020... 49ers went 2-0 against the Jets and Giants with a combined score of 67-22. I wonder if they stayed the week and practiced somewhere or if they flew home after the Jets game. During the lockdown year, they might have found a practice facility going unused.
I specifically remember that. They did stay on the East Coast near NY/NJ between the games. I just didn't realize it was two NY games back-to-back. I think Carolina did something similar this week when they had two West Coast games back to back.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

L-Jam3 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:08 pm

Those Oilers teams were fun. Moon, Givins, Jeffries, Hill, Duncan, Dishman, Lorenzo White, Alonzo Highsmith. Sort of like the Philly of the AFC at the time: a fun team that really didn't do shit in the playoffs.
Saw them lose the epic comeback game in Buffalo...

But they were one of the great teams of the era.
Canadian International
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Bills posted this at noon - just as the worst of the storm was starting...

Canadian International
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

49ers stayed on the east coast earlier this season between games at Atlanta and Carolina. They spent a week in Minnesota during the preseason. And they are spending this week in Colorado Springs to get used to high altitude before their game in Mexico City against the Cardinals.
The second extended visit will occur between the 49ers' Week 5 contest against the Carolina Panthers and Week 6 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons. The team will remain on the East Coast and hold practices at The Greenbrier, as it has done in previous seasons.

The third lengthy stay away from Santa Clara will be ahead of the Week 11 matchup against the Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City. The November 21 primetime matchup is one of five scheduled international games on the 2022 schedule. The 49ers will hold practices leading to the game in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Link
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Pruitt IV wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Didn’t the Oilers beat the Bills the weekend before.

Also I hate you.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

So what do they get for fans in that game? Do people with tickets get their $ back or are they expected to get to Detroit when they can't even get to OP?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm 49ers stayed on the east coast earlier this season between games at Atlanta and Carolina. They spent a week in Minnesota during the preseason. And they are spending this week in Colorado Springs to get used to high altitude before their game in Mexico City against the Cardinals.
The second extended visit will occur between the 49ers' Week 5 contest against the Carolina Panthers and Week 6 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons. The team will remain on the East Coast and hold practices at The Greenbrier, as it has done in previous seasons.

The third lengthy stay away from Santa Clara will be ahead of the Week 11 matchup against the Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City. The November 21 primetime matchup is one of five scheduled international games on the 2022 schedule. The 49ers will hold practices leading to the game in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Link
Maybe the coaching staff just hate their families.
-Pruitt
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:13 pm
sancarlos wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm 49ers stayed on the east coast earlier this season between games at Atlanta and Carolina. They spent a week in Minnesota during the preseason. And they are spending this week in Colorado Springs to get used to high altitude before their game in Mexico City against the Cardinals.

Link
Maybe the coaching staff just hate their families.
From all the butt-hurt coaches and players after Saturday for hired, sounds like none of them like their families.
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:02 pm
Rex wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:13 pm I have never seen Rodgers look so bad. He’s had games where he made weird decisions before. But last night wasn’t even that—he was just missing open guys by like 10 yards. I’d take Kenny Pickett over him at this point.
You must not have seen Rodgers play much this year, I thought that was one of his best performances of the year. Still really bad, but at least he made a couple plays.
That's your fantasy brain relieved that he didn't drop a 5-spot again.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Giff wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:19 pm
Pruitt IV wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Didn’t the Oilers beat the Bills the weekend before.

Also I hate you.
They killed the Bills in that game and injured Jim Kelly to boot.

And don't hate me, hate Bud Adams
Canadian International
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

Jerloma wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:23 pm So what do they get for fans in that game? Do people with tickets get their $ back or are they expected to get to Detroit when they can't even get to OP?
Full refunds.

Canadian International
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

After the schedules were announced, a couple cousins of mine who are Browns fans inquired about how far away we live from Buffalo, thinking about going to the game. One of them ended up going to last week's Browns game with his wife and some friends - in Miami.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Taking nothing away from the effort and execution of Washington and Indy, the Eagles have been stepping on rakes for the last 6+ quarters.
EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

If there was ever a time to quick-snap a play, it was right there, Carolina.
Noli Timere Messorem
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Not always a big fan of the uni-color uniforms but I like the look in the CIN/PIT game.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This was apparently the first point return TD of the year. And it was a good one:

Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Anyone see that Watt pick? Ridiculous.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

Jerloma wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:42 pm Anyone see that Watt pick? Ridiculous.
That was incredible.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Jerloma wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:42 pm Anyone see that Watt pick? Ridiculous.
Guess the pec is ok, since it got hurt throwing them up like that in the first place.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Holy shit. That was nuts:

EnochRoot
The Dude

Post by EnochRoot »

So the Vikings were 8-1 and undefeated at home and proceeded to get curb stomped by the Cowboys. Dallas is a very good team, and yes, Kirk Cousins is never the answer, but damn bro. That's got to hurt.
Noli Timere Messorem