Random Videos

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Johnnie
The Dude

Re: Random Videos

Post by Johnnie »

Do we have a Last Week Tonight thread? I thought we did.

mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Posted today and has nearly 400,000 views:

Holy fuck.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Johnnie wrote:Posted today and has nearly 400,000 views:

Holy fuck.
I just shit my pants.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I did not need another reason not to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but now I have another.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Jesus imaging coming out of a seizure and being 3000 ft off the ground. In a normal setting, it takes a couple of minutes to figure out where you are and remember the moments leading up to the seizure. Fuck, coming to while parachuting? Absolutely amazing how the other dude was able to control his fall that precisely and grab on. I have never had a remote desire to jump out of a plane or bungee jump.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

I need to rewatch The Thing. That movie completely freaked me out when I was a kid. I loved it.
Totally Kafkaesque
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Kind of stupid but the blonde on the right could be the sexiest chick I've ever seen in my life.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

You almost have to watch it at least three times...
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

She is gorgeous, but I couldn't watch more than fifteen seconds of that.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Watch or listen?
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

rass wrote:Watch or listen?
Problem solved!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Easy cum. Ha! It looks like they are an Australian sketch comedy group. Her expressions are sexy as hell. She reminds me a bit of Rebecca Romijn in her prime.

-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

She's very pretty, but if I'm going Australian hottie it has to be Margot Robbie.

(Also, you said not too long ago that Emily Ratajkowski was the sexiest girl you've ever seen. WHICH IS IT.)
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Here's some video of us out sailing last weekend....

Nutty, nutty race. Pretty much the fastest I've ever gone on a sailboat. Big fun....
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

That's very cool. Which one are you? What extra caution do you have to take when going at that speed?
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote:That's very cool. Which one are you? What extra caution do you have to take when going at that speed?
I'm not in the video...I'm sitting on the rail on the right, out of view.

Extra caution? Well, I've started wearing my PFD more often. The number one thing is "Stay On The Boat"....
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

That brings up a question I have. What PFD do you suggest? I've had some kayaks handed down to me.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

govmentchedda wrote:That brings up a question I have. What PFD do you suggest? I've had some kayaks handed down to me.
I have an inflatable that I bought down in Australia. Mines an Automatic...meaning if you fall in the water, it'll inflate without having to pull a ripcord.

wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Kung Fu Panda over Marbury
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Here's some video of us out sailing last weekend...Nutty, nutty race. Pretty much the fastest I've ever gone on a sailboat. Big fun....
Is it as scary as it looks in the video when you're doing it in real life?

Does that inflatable PFD protect you from Australian sharks too, like with some kind of stealth shield design that makes you look like driftwood? Or is it an alert to the carnivores that it's time to play bobbing for apples?
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DC47 wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:Here's some video of us out sailing last weekend...Nutty, nutty race. Pretty much the fastest I've ever gone on a sailboat. Big fun....
Is it as scary as it looks in the video when you're doing it in real life?

Does that inflatable PFD protect you from Australian sharks too, like with some kind of stealth shield design that makes you look like driftwood? Or is it an alert to the carnivores that it's time to play bobbing for apples?
Its not that scary when you are in turbo-blast mode going downwind like that.....it gets scary when you have to pull a maneuver, like doing a jibe or a douse. That's when the possibility of all hell breaking loose is the greatest (as evidenced by the end of that video).
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

"Douse" eh? Sounds like bobbing for apples time.

Me, I get a bit scared of sharks when boating in Lake Michigan. What if they've come up the St. Lawrence Seaway to the Great Lakes? But perhaps that's because I was living near the Long Island locale of the events that inspired Benchley to write Jaws during the summer when that movie came out. Even us macho boys became a bit ... say, thoughtful ... when they were out on the water. And I had a later incident in the Pacific that certainly shook me. So I see no serious dousing in my future.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

DaveInSeattle wrote:Here's some video of us out sailing last weekend....
Nutty, nutty race. Pretty much the fastest I've ever gone on a sailboat. Big fun....
That is amazing. My equilibrium is messed up just from watching that.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
govmentchedda wrote:That brings up a question I have. What PFD do you suggest? I've had some kayaks handed down to me.
I have an inflatable that I bought down in Australia. Mines an Automatic...meaning if you fall in the water, it'll inflate without having to pull a ripcord.

I'm looking for something that light, but probably not an automatic deflateable one. There's a better than 50% chance that I'll go in the drink while kayaking. I guess what I need is the smallest possible thing to keep me afloat should I happen to get knocked in. Not too small that I need to pull a cord, and not too big that it gets in the way of paddling.
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

govmentchedda wrote:
DaveInSeattle wrote:

I'm looking for something that light, but probably not an automatic deflateable one. There's a better than 50% chance that I'll go in the drink while kayaking. I guess what I need is the smallest possible thing to keep me afloat should I happen to get knocked in. Not too small that I need to pull a cord, and not too big that it gets in the way of paddling.
Been wearing one of these for years. http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-M ... /10204813/

EDIT: Linked the Auto/Manual one, this one now is just the manual.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I think I need something that's neither automatic or manual, but always "inflated". Something more like this.

With the smaller PFDs I'd be too afraid that the automatics would inflate when not needed because of the splash, or that I'd be unable to manually inflate for some reason.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

DC47 wrote:"Douse" eh? Sounds like bobbing for apples time.
"Douse" is when you take down the spinnaker...the big colorful (usually) puffy sail that's used for going downwind, and switch to the jib for going back upwind. There's a lot of coordination that has to happen with everyone, especially the spinnaker trimmer, the bow guy, and the guys in the pit (the job that manages all the halyards...the lines that pull the sails up and down). Its always a feat of choreography, even in light air, and it just gets amplified when the breeze is up.

I've never worried much about any beasties in the water....I do worry more about going in the drink and getting hypothermic though. The water here in Seattle is cold, pretty much all year, and it doesn't take long before you are in a world of trouble. That's why the #1 rule is "Stay On The Boat". I've never fallen off a boat in a race (knock on wood), but I've come close a couple of times. Once I was going under the lifelines on a Melges32, and was just barely holding on, and yelled out, and one of the guys pulled a Superman type move, and grabbed the back of my PFD and yanked me back on board. I always buy that guy a drink at the Yacht Club whenever I see him, and this was about 9 years ago.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Blowing up CDs in super slo-mo. This is very cool.

Totally Kafkaesque
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

This episode is fucking hysterical.

BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Johnnie wrote:This episode is fucking hysterical.

I'm not sure I can love Aisha Tyler more. But dammit I'm willing to try.

testuser2
Brandt

Post by testuser2 »

I was watching this last night with the kids. It's a livestream of an eagles nest in Hanover PA. You can usually see the parents bring food in to the babies. We couldn't figure out what the black thing is that they were eating. Cat? Skunk? Bear? There is a stack of fish near the back of the nest. It's been fascinating to check out every few days. A snowstorm should come through pretty soon.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... 549&mode=2
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Oh man...this kid is going places. We can only hope that she uses her powers for good.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

Jerloma wrote:Oh man...this kid is going places. We can only hope that she uses her powers for good.

See it's videos like this that make me think for just a little moment that having kids would be cool.

Then I remind myself of every time I've ever been to the mall or in public.

Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

Having boys and reading a lot of dinosaur books to them when they were little, I immediately knew that was a Styracosaurus. Granted, doesn't everyone know what a triceratops looks like? And that that dino doesn't really look like one?

You have to wonder how something like that gets through all of the various people who had to approve and produce it.
Totally Kafkaesque
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

video pulled
Last edited by rass on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Shirley wrote:Having boys and reading a lot of dinosaur books to them when they were little, I immediately knew that was a Styracosaurus. Granted, doesn't everyone know what a triceratops looks like? And that that dino doesn't really look like one?

You have to wonder how something like that gets through all of the various people who had to approve and produce it.
I was just schooled that most of the dinosaurs of my youth have been stripped of status. Brontosaurus, pterodactyl and others. My son was 3 or 4 and thought I was an idiot for not knowing that.
-Pruitt
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

The Sybian wrote:
Shirley wrote:Having boys and reading a lot of dinosaur books to them when they were little, I immediately knew that was a Styracosaurus. Granted, doesn't everyone know what a triceratops looks like? And that that dino doesn't really look like one?

I was just schooled that most of the dinosaurs of my youth have been stripped of status. Brontosaurus, pterodactyl and others. My son was 3 or 4 and thought I was an idiot for not knowing that.
he's also witnessed your support for arsenal. just sayin'.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

cerrano wrote: he's also witnessed your support for arsenal. just sayin'.
At least he knew enough at 3 to yell "your useless, Bendtner" every time he touched the ball. One of my proudest moments. And my daughter asking for an Arsenal shirt with Podolski's name on the back. Still haven't told her he is gone, or Szczesny lost his spot as #1. Sports would be ruined for her.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Old time soccer!