Anthony Cumia - Weird Responses

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Anthony Cumia - Weird Responses

Post by Nonlinear FC »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/07/busin ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curious what folks here think about this one... On one hand, you have the fairly trite "freedom of speech" misunderstanding from many. That's an easy one to knock down.

But what's odd to me are the folks like Adam Carolla and Penn Jillette and others that are seemingly brushing the racist and misogynistic stuff aside and going after Sirius on this. I mean... frankly, Cumia might have gotten away from this whole thing if he'd just spouted off on his radio show. But putting it in writing, and totally out of context on Twitter??

When are people going to learn their lesson with social media? It's fucking unreal to me that people continue to step in it so consistently in this manner.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
mister d
The Dude

Re: Anthony Cumia - Weird Responses

Post by mister d »

1st Amendment: People should, like, just be able to say what they want without backlash. Especially if its racist or sexist.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I read the string of Tweets a couple days ago. Pretty horrible stuff, and a lot of it. I love all the Conservative outrage over "free speech" aimed at private corporations. Basically what they are arguing for is government intervention, preventing corporations from making business decisions. Because they happen to agree with the controversial statements.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I don't remember any outrage over Rashard Mendenhall losing his sponsorship deal.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I gotta say, Anthony just isn't funny. I usually enjoy the wacky inappropriate humor they strive for, but I could never stand Anthony. Opie is alright, and Jim Norton can be hilarious when he isn't going off on idiotic Tea Party rants. Fuck him. He as always been an angry, mean spirited hateful fool.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

He's one of the funniest people I've ever heard. All the rest is true.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I remember that one time he (along with Opie) got fired for saying Boston mayor (at the time) Menino died in a car crash in Florida. Boston went into into a conniption fit and Menino had to give an emergency press conference.

Oh, WAAF. The good ol' days.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.